If you need assistance with anything, you may find the answers here.
What does Suited do?
We are a UK-based insurance provider offering subscription-based business insurance through a fully DIY online platform. You can buy and manage your insurance in minutes.
Who does Suited insure?
Suited business insurance is designed for small businesses, freelancers, contractors, independent consultants and the self-employed.
What insurance products does Suited offer?
How is Suited different to other insurance providers?
Other than the simple monthly subscription model, which is free of extra fees or charges, Suited also offers a Holiday Mode, which is a way to pause or hibernate your insurance during periods of no work. The Holiday Mode is designed for professionals who are in between contracts but still need professional indemnity cover for their past work. You can use it to save money while taking a break or looking for a new contract.
I sometimes work abroad. Can I still get insurance with Suited?
Suited is happy for you to deliver your services while abroad. However, there are some rules.:
- The insured on a Suited policy must be based in the UK.
- If it is an individual such as a contractor, freelancer or a sole trader, they must be resident in the UK.
- If the insured is a business, it must be a UK registered business.
Does Suited offer employers’ liability insurance?
Not at the moment, but we are working on including it soon.
Does Suited offer cyber insurance?
Not at the moment, but we are working on including it soon.
Buying a policy
I’m outside the UK. Can I still get Suited insurance?
Suited insures freelancers, contractors, sole traders or private individuals. The insured can be a sole trader, partnership or company. However, the insured must be domiciled in the UK (excluding the Channel Islands and Isle of Man).
Can I pay for my business insurance annually?
No, currently, Suited does not offer annual payments. We find that monthly subscriptions provide the greatest flexibility and help us to keep our prices low.
What if I change my mind?
If you change your mind within the first 14 days of purchasing your policy, you can get a full refund without any questions asked. Simply contact us and we will cancel your policy and process the refund.
However, if you choose to cancel your policy via your account, keep in mind that the insurance will continue until the end of your prepaid month and no refund will be issued.
Managing your cover
I need help logging in. What can I do?
The Suited Customer Portal works with current versions of the following browsers on Windows, Mac OS, iOS and Android operating systems:
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
Suited Customer Portal login requires third-party cookies to be enabled. If you are using a browser with third-party cookies disabled or cross-site tracking prevention enabled, you cannot log in to Suited.
How to Enable Cookies in Your Browser
- Go to Customise and control Google Chrome in the top right corner and click Settings.
- Go to Privacy and security.
- Click Cookies and other site data. Select the Allow all cookies radio button
Safari on Mac OS
- Go to Safari -> Preferences and click Privacy.
- Uncheck the following options:
- Prevent cross-site tracking
- Block all cookies
Safari on iOS (iPhone and iPad)
- Go to Settings -> Safari.
- Under Privacy and Security, turn off the following options:
- Prevent Cross-Site Tracking
- Block All Cookies
- Go to Application Menu in the top right corner and click Settings.
- From the left menu, click Privacy & Security.
- Select the Standard or Custom option. In the case of Custom option, select Cross-site tracking cookies – includes social media cookies as a preference for Cookies.
- Go to Settings and more in the top right corner and click Settings.
- Click Site permissions -> Cookies and site data. Set the following options:
- Enable Allow sites to save and read cookie data (recommended).
- Disable Block third-party cookies.
How can I access my documents?
Can I change my policy myself?
Yes, you can make changes to your cover yourself such as:
- Increase or reduce limits
- Add or remove covers
- Add additional professions
- Change your personal details
- Updated your address
- Hibernate your cover when you’re in between contracts
Log in to your account and click on "Change" and follow the instructions. Once you confirm you want to proceed with the changes, you’ll be issued with a new policy. The old one will be cancelled and we will refund any unearned premium.
Note: that any future payments will be taken on or around the date you made the change to your policy.
Is there a fee to change my policy?
No, you can change your policy anytime on your Suited account, without any extra fees. We'll calculate the new price, charge you the new monthly price, and refund the unused part of your previous month's payment. Refunds may take up to seven days to process. Future payments will be due on the day you make the change.
How do I update my card details?
How do I add a profession to my policy?
How do I change my payment date?
To change the date on which your payment is taken, you will need to modify your policy.
- On the specific day of the month that you want your payment to be taken, log in to your Suited account and select "Change".
- Unless necessary, do not make any changes while going through the questions.
- Verify all details including covers, limits and price, and confirm assumptions before processing the change.
- Upon processing, you will receive a new policy and the first payment for the new policy will be taken right away. You will also receive a pro rata refund for the old policy.
- Future payments will be taken around the date you made the change to your policy.
Can I really cancel my policy anytime?
Yes, you can cancel your subscription anytime for free by logging in and clicking "Cancel". Your subscription will end after the current prepaid month. Consider "hibernating" coverage if you'll switch insurers to keep past work covered.
Renewing your cover
I have been with Suited for a year. Where is my renewal?
Suited is a subscription insurance which means there are no renewals. Your policy continues until you cancel it. We will remind that you have insurance with Suited at least once a year.