Training providers' insurance

Secure professional indemnity insurance for training providers quickly and without fuss. We're simply-priced, flexible and upfront.

Rated by customers
Answer 4 questions to get an instant price.
Answer 4 questions to get a price.
Professional indemnity insurance for training providers UK
Professional indemnity insurance for training providers UK
A stopwatch.
Quickly priced
Buy online 24 hours.
Buy online
A man going fast.
Instant cover
Top insurers
A few coins.
Pay monthly
The problem

Training providers face many risks

Accusations of causing an injury

As a training provider you face potential lawsuits brought against you by clients if your instructions lead to an accident.

Compensations claims for bad advice

Your clients look up to you, rely on your advice and experience. If they feel you’ve failed to deliver, they might feel entitled to compensation.

Something you said is taken out of context

As a professional trainer you spend a lot of time with your clients. You may say something that's taken the wrong way and you’re facing a legal claim.

Damage to your work equipment

Most of us live online, using laptop, ipad or computers to document and store all our work data. Could you afford to pay for the repair or replacement?

Insurance for training providers UK

You need insurance for trainers providers that effectively protects you from accusations of wrongdoing

the suited way
Insurance made better

Self-employed insurance done fast, clear and upfront.

Training provider professional indemnity insurance
A woman doing yoga.
More flexible

Make changes instantly, easily and for free.

A happy man paying no fees.
No extra fees

We give you one price, no APR or hidden extras.

A man in retro clothes.
Go retroactive

Include retroactive cover to insure previous work.

Holiday umbrella.
Holiday mode

Pay less when not working by hibernating your PI cover.

A plus rating.
Top insurers

Be confident knowing your cover is backed by trusted UK insurers.

Map of UK.
UK support

Get help when you need it from our Bristol based team.

Covers to consider

How much does training provider insurance cost?

Choosing the right insurance for you depends on the size and nature of your business. Key insurance covers training providers should consider include:

Self employed professional indemnity insurance
Professional indemnity

from £7.41 per month

Provides you with legal defence against claims of professional mistake or negligence causing a financial loss to your clients.

Up to £2,000,000 cover

Zero excess

Dedicated legal team

A+ insurer

Competitive prices

Self employed professional indemnity insurance

Professional indemnity

from £8.63 per month

Provides you with legal defence against claims of professional mistake or negligence causing a financial loss to your clients.

Up to £2,000,000 cover

Zero excess

Dedicated legal team

A+ insurer

Competitive prices

Self employed public liability insurance.
Public liability

from +£4.76 per month

Protects your business against claims of causing an accidental injury or property damage to either your clients or a third party.

Up to £2,000,000 cover including products liability

No excess

Expert legal team

A+ specialist insurers

Covers claims against your client caused by your business

Business equipment insurance.
Electronic business equipment

from +£9.24 per month

Pays for repair or replacement if your portable electronic equipment (and accessories) get damaged or lost.

Equipment up to £10,000 cover (£3,500 per item)

Accessories are included (£500 per item)

Hired equipment is covered

Worldwide - your devices are covered anywhere you are

Personal accident insurance.
Business owner protect

from +£10.07 per month

Reimburses your taxable business expenses while you’re recovering from a serious illness or injury.

Up to £2,000 a month

Up to 6 months following the first 30 days of illness

Any tax deductible expenses included

Receive a lump sump payout if you suffer an accident leaving you with partial or total disablement:

£5,000 lump sum

Fast customer service

Quick payout

Answer 4 questions then select the policies and limits you need.
Answer 4 questions then select the policies and limits you need.
What people say
2 March
Extremely impressed

Extremely impressed with the professional and supportive service I received.

Kellie Williams
on Google
16 February
Very efficient

After shopping around for business liability cover, I found suited, I had a few questions and Jana from suited was very efficient...

on Trustpilot
14 February

The website is easy to use and the process is intuitive, clear and easy to follow.

Matt M
on Trustpilot
11 February

I was recommended Suited, because I’d been stalling. Simple to use website, offered clear, concise information and selection...

on Trustpilot
12 December

Really fantastic service by the suited insure team! Always found the insurance side to be a bit confusing but the team took me...

Michael Ryan
on Google
15 September

A simple and flexible service for what I required. Great communication from start to finish.

Matthew Allen
on Google
1 August

I was looking for business insurance this easy to use and very well explained web site made the process simple and painless. Had a quote...

Piers Field
on Trustpilot
Legal Expenses
Included as standard

With every policy subscription we also include Business Legal Protect. This means from the moment you sign up you gain immediate access to extra support services.

Commercial legal expenses insurance.
Business legal protect

Cover of £100,000 commercial legal expenses included with your policy subscription.

Protects you and your business against a range of issues not typically covered by professional indemnity or public liability.

IR35 & HMRC investigations

Legal matters concerning your business

Negative PR (£25,000 cover)

Criminal prosecution

Compliance & regulation issues

Unpaid invoices (over £200)

Also includes free telephone advice & help from qualified professionals.

Tax and commercial legal advice

Counselling for you and your staff

Access to a legal template library

Identity theft assistance

In detail

Why buy professional indemnity insurance for trainers?

As an independent training provider you are very much in the business of giving advice for living. And it is exactly this aspect of your profession that could land you in hot water with your clients.

Often training providers mistakenly assume that just because their advice is not directly connected with their client’s financial affairs that they cannot be sued for money. As a result they dismiss this type of insurance as a waste of money.

The truth is that those in the teaching or training profession face many types of claims that can prove very costly. It’s not just the threat of having to pay compensation but more importantly the legal costs associated with rebuffing an accusation.

What does professional indemnity insurance for training providers cover?

It could be something as innocent as cracking an ill considered joke that can lead to a claim against you. More commonly your skills may be called into question when the aspirations of your clients do not materialise and they feel they’re entitled to compensation.

Professional Indemnity Insurance for training providers covers you when a client alleges your error, negligence or bad advice entitles them to a financial remedy.

What type of training is covered?

It would be hard to give a complete list. Your area of expertise is relatively unimportant. You could be providing any or a mixture of the following :

  • Training consultancy
  • Business training
  • Computer training
  • Secretarial training
  • Management training
  • First Aid training
  • Apprentice training

As well as other disciplines mentioned above. One of our clients is using his lifelong skills to teach motorbike fixing skills. Motorbike enthusiasts don’t just like to ride, they also like to fiddle with machines and knowing how is rather important.

How does professional indemnity insurance for training providers work?

The most important element of this cover is the legal defence that will be on hand when you are accused of a professional error. An experienced legal representative will advise you very early on what steps to take to minimise the impact on your business.

All the costs are paid by the insurers on your policy. The legal team works with the insurers closely to ensure that the approach they choose is fully covered. You just need to follow their advice.

Should you find yourself having to pay something to your client, the amount will be covered by the insurance but no more than the policy limit. It is therefore important to consider carefully how much professional indemnity insurance you need.

If we take the client who teaches fixing motorbikes as an example, he selected one of the higher limits. He is aware that if his advice leads to a motorbike accident, a possible payout could be substantial.

Do I need any other insurance?

That depends on your exact type of training but public liability insurance can be useful. If you’re reliant on your business equipment to deliver your training then that is a consideration too.

Public liability insurance is designed to protect you against claims of causing accidental injury or property damage. When we say accidental, it means unrelated to the advice you give as part of your business.

It could be something like a trip or fall over the equipment you set up for the training. If you’re using your own or hired premises, there are always risks. Not just to your clients but possibly your clients causing damage to the hired equipment or premises. You might be liable for the cost repair or replacement.

If your business equipment is essential to what you do and you would financially struggle to replace or repair it then insurance is a good backup plan.

In this section

Common questions

Must I have professional indemnity for training providers?

It’s not a legal requirement but it is a sensible investment into the protection of your business. If you are a member of a regulatory body, it might be a membership condition.

Do training providers need to be qualified?

If you wish to arrange insurance with Suited, you need to hold suitable professional qualifications or experience.

What is the difference between professional indemnity and public liability cover?

PI insurance protects you against financial claims as a result of professional mistakes while public liability defends you if you have accidentally caused an injury or property damage.

Do I need to submit my qualifications to get trainer provider insurance?

Suited only requires you to be qualified but you do not have to provide evidence.

Contact us
Prefer to speak?

Call us with any questions or queries. Our Bristol based team is available from Monday to Friday and answers straightaway.

Monday-Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm

A woman in a suit standing talking on the phone an carrying a cup of coffee.
Once you buy
If your plans change

No problem, Suited uses a simple subscription model making it easy to walk away.

14 day promise stamp.
14 day promise *

If you call to cancel within the first 2 weeks we’ll give you a full refund.

A woman next to a  man jumping.
Easy to cancel

No longer need us? Cancel anytime, no more to pay.

* 14 day promise is not available online, please speak to a member of staff. Not available if you have reported a claim.

Ready to get started?

The fast and hassle free way to get business insurance for small professional outfits.

Answer 4 questions to get an instant price.
Answer 4 questions to get a price.


When you visit our website, cookies are placed on your computer, mobile phone or tablet. Their purpose is to help us improve the site experience, detect potential problems and assist our marketing efforts. You can customise your consent for each cookie. We take privacy seriously, here's how.